Thursday, February 28, 2008

I've never actually wanted to be a dancer...........

............but I have to say I am lovin' myself sick in my new pettiskirt (a little bit of Kath and Kim there for the dags in Australia, LOL). It is so swirly. It is utterly princess worthy. So, again, five bucks at the op shop. When I took it to the counter the lady said "Is this for rock 'n' roll dancing? Under your rock 'n' roll skirt?" How priceless is that!? She was a lovely lady. If you frequent the op shops you would know that there are some lovely ones, and then there are some really narky so and so's. Unfortunately I just couldn't bring myself to tell her that I was buying it, not for rock 'n' roll dancing but so I could take it home and prance around the house with my 3 year old. While taking pictures.

So not only did I find this fabulous skirt, BUT, about a year ago I had found something very similar for Ruby. So we put them on and off we went.

First some high kicks. I think Ruby was suitably impressed with mine. As she should've been.

Then we shook a bit of booty. Ruby was quite good at this, although her skirt did start to slip a little, revealing a bit of undie factor. Luckily enough she had pretty cute undies on. Will have to replace the elastic on her skirt if we're going to carry on with this.


Then I just lay down pooped. So Ruby sat on me. (umm, yes, we had been face painting earlier in the day)

Then we congratulated each other on our awesome prancing skills and just generally basked in our own fabulous-ness. I was trying to get that camera remote out of the shot, but too slow.

And, of course you know, I was just waiting for someone to knock on the door the whole time. Funnily enough, didn't happen.

Now I just need to figure out how to work this into my every day wardrobe.

Or maybe just take up rock 'n' roll dancing.

4 comments:

jodyg said...

Just priceless!! And hell, I'm impressed with your high kick.
What a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Anonymous said...

This is down right fabulous. I want to come dance around with you!

Unknown said...

Brenda I love those socks. I have similar ones but they are pastel instead. I will confess I have heaps of long socks :)

Bonus Mom said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
The skirts, the socks, the idea of a day of face painting and prancing! Too Fun!