Sunday, February 10, 2008

ho hum

I didn't realise it had been so long since my last post.........................which is such a shame, as I really don't have anything interesting to write about :(
I don't have my camera at the moment and that is driving me mental. I've only had this camera since the end of October last year but it's been playing up with the auto focus so I took it back to where I bought it from and it's been sent away to Canon. I can handle (just) going without it, as long as the problem is resolved when I get it back. I just have this fear that I'll get it back and the problem will still be there.
I had to take it back twice before they would actually send it away for me. The first time I took it back the girl at the service centre (who I strongly suspect was, in fact, a complete computer junkie who knew nothing about cameras) rang Canon, reset the camera and told me it was fixed. I tested it then and there, and told her nothing had changed, but she insisted it was 'fixed'. Some days you just know it's going to be a waste of time trying to converse with someone, so I just brought the camera home and went back a few days later. Whenever I go to this particular store I always hope to get one of the staff who has a brain and a bit of inititive. I've bought a few 'big ticket' items from them and, honestly some of the staff can't do enough for you, and really seem to know what they're doing, and others.......................................hello???? Anyone in there????
Like anything, anywhere I guess.
Anyway, I hope I have my camera back soon.
And of course, no camera means no pictures. So poo to that. Might go and dig out an old one, just to have a picture in this post.

On to other exciting things in my life........................my kids are driving me crazy. I seem to have a low tolerance for some things at the moment. Normally I can take most things the dish out to me, but the last few days I have been a total cranky monster. Awful.
Forgive me if you are reading this and you don't have kids, the mundane-ness of all this will kill you.
My big girl is toilet training. Now if you're thinking, hey didn't she just turn three, shouldn't she be toilet trained already, please just go away. I don't want to hear it. I have a perfectly painful mother-in-law to tell me all that.
I come from the camp of 'all in good time' and 'don't try it before they're ready'
And believe me I would love it if she'd been ready at 18 months, think of all the nappies I wouldn't have had to wash. But she wasn't ready then. I think she may be ready now, time will tell I guess.
She's wearing undies during the day (although we haven't had any lengthy trips out of the house since we started, but when we do I'll be sticking a nappy on her at this stage), and having quite a few accidents (it's only been a few days of serious TT) but I think she's on her way.
So thank you mother-in-law for the 12 pairs of undies you gave her for her birthday, I think most of them have been royally peed on in the last few days, they have been incredibly handy.

I guess I may go to hell for referring to the MIL negatively on the internet so if you come back and this has been deleted, I obviously have felt very ashamed of myself. Don't be surprised if this happens.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and the blogger world and I'm finding it to be alot of fun....

well, I'm glad I found your blog, your babies are very precious..and the cake what can I say ( to cute to eat!)

Well, come visit me in my neck of the woods and be sure to say Hi!!!