Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Some days are just so much longer than others

Like, for instance, the days that start at 4AM.
The days when the washing machine packs it in before 6AM.
And also floods the laundry.
And is only two and a half years old and we just spent $300 getting it fixed a couple of months ago (you may remember me hanging out at the laundromat)
The days when your kids just grizzle non stop all day.
And bicker.
And hit each other. Pull hair. And push each other over.
And all they want for breakfast is muesli.
And you have none.
And all they want for lunch is peanut butter sandwiches.
And you have it but, hey, how about a bit of variety people.
The kind of day when your toddler learns that that lock on the fridge is just no obstacle at all for him.
And you find this.
Said toddler with family sized block of Cadbury Fruit and Nut.
But at least I got a laugh out of the fact that, once busted, he apparently thought he could make himself invisible by hiding behind the foil he had ripped off the chocolate. (I think he has his fathers' brains)
If only I could show you what he looked like after I took it off him. Would've broken your heart.
So Ruby and I tried to chill out with some yoga.
Her form is much better than this, but she had been there for a while waiting for me to take the picture, LOL.




Yoga does make you feel so much better. I have been meaning to make more time for it............I'm still getting there.
Need it to relax and refresh my *self*
If you are cynical about yoga you should give it a little trial. You'll be surprised how much better you feel afterwards.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I just love your blog! Brings me back to when my kids were young; always makes me smile. I mean now that they are adults I can smile at those crazy things kids do, it definitely takes effort to look at the bright side of things and you get an award for doing just that! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Love the kiddie yoga!

And I hear you on the washing machine thing. We have been married 8 years and are on our third washing machine already. I just dont get it. Why on earth are appliances made so crap these days. Its ludicrous!

Elli said...

Have to say I'm with Clary. If I thought I could sneak an entire block of chocolate out of the fridge without anyone else noticing it was missing, I would, without a doubt!

Our washing machine is on its way out. Whether it makes it through an entire cycle in one go is a bit of pot luck. I wish it would hurry up and die properly so we could justify buying a new one.