Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Three is the new two.

Yep, that's right, three IS the new two. Apparently my punishment for pretty much missing out on the terrible twos' with Ruby, is that I now have to endure the "Absolutely-Revolting-You-May-Want-To-Stick-Your-Head-In-The-Oven-To-Escape-It-Truly-Horrendous-Threes'"
Apparently.
And it is so awful.
Three.
Attitude.
No.
No, I won't do that.
No, I won't eat my tea (OR breakfast OR lunch)
No, I will not behave at all, not at home and not in public either.
No.
No.
No.
But.
Yes I do want that and I WANT IT NOW.
Yes, I will continually raid the fridge when you are not looking.
Yes, I will bash my brother if I want to 'cause he's MY brother.
And last but not least
Yes if I hear you swear, I will totally repeat the words you say. And maybe I'll do that while we're out. Maybe. I don't know. I haven't decided yet.

I cannot stand it, when does this stop. And please don't say NEVER.

Anyway, on a more positive note, she did agree to participate in hopscotch. Don't tell her I drew the whole hopscotch thing all wrong, she'll totally go off the handle.

Although she actually cannot hop to save herself, it does look like she can in these pictures.
And don't tell her I said she doesn't know how to hop.

She has reduced me to a mere shell of my former self, so must go to bed.
More tomorrow. If Ruby says that's OK.

2 comments:

Gillian R said...

Oh my lordy, is that what I have to look forward to???? We have glimmers of that in our house already.
Great photos by the way. The angle of the shot really conveys the movement of the 'hopping' (saying that it's hopping so I don't get in trouble!).

Elli said...

Unfortunately, as per my current experience, the attitude doesn't stop anytime soon. In fact, at 4 and a half, Cheyenne seems to be getting worse (and she started "terrible twos" at about 15 months) and has now started the ultimatums "Mummy, if you don't do (whatever it is she wants this time) I'm not ever going to listen to you again" (like she does anyway?)

Sigh...