Monday, May 2, 2011

I made this dress this morning and have been unsure if I should show it on the blog. It's clearly a copy of a popular design. I have not made it to sell, it's for personal use of course. Just quietly I don't think anyone  is going to see  me as a threat, lol. But if you know different on this issue please do let me know.


It's made from a mix of new and recycled fabric. The light weight denim up top is new, all the rest is either thrifted fabric (the apron part, and straps), recycled clothing (the main skirt part was cut from a thrifted womens skirt) or old sheets (the bottom strip on the skirt).


 The hardest part was definitely getting the gathers even-ish, and pinning that into the top. Fiddly, very, very fiddly.
I'm planning on making some pants to match, but as I let my entire house turn into a pigsty  while making this, I don't know when I will get them done.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous! Love the little knot straps

Unknown said...

WOW, I LOVE this! Every single thing about it is perfect!

Kate said...

I don't have the patience for even gathers. I remember very clearly being taught that (Thanks, MOM!) but it's not gonna happen. Lovely job!